Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tulsa Trip (Part 2)

Back again for Part Two - 

Thursday night we went to Richard and Katherine's wedding.  It wasn't at the winery, but in the same area right outside of Tulsa.  Actually it was even prettier because it overlooked the valley.  

Before the wedding began we took the opportunity to be outside and let B crawl around.  And, of course, pictures...




This one is not very flattering of me, but it cracks me up because Beckett ALWAYS has his elbow propped up on our shoulders when we carry him.  Funny boy.





It was almost time for the wedding.  We were pretty nervous about B getting squirmy or talking about dogs during the ceremony, so we thought Dada holding him with animals crackers would be a good idea.  And it was - except for the fact that he yelled "yum, yum, YUM" every few minutes...  Yikes!

The ceremony was very sweet, as the pastor knew them both personally.  I love when people get married by someone they already know and care about!

As the sun was setting the wildflowers and valley just glowed with perfect light.  My family is very sweet to put up with all of my ridiculous picture taking.  But in my defense, no ever gets older and wishes they hadn't taken as many pictures of their children, right?  And everyone always appreciates it when they have a nice picture that captures a happy moment.  So, I just click away!

Do you see what I mean about the gorgeous light and setting sun?  Oklahoma can really surprise you with it's beauty.



Here are a few of my favorite pictures...

You're funny, Dada.

Guy watching Beckett as he crawls around.




Practicing standing solo...

He did it!  What a big boy!
My sweet sis.

B and Aunt Steph

Gorgeous, right?  It was really just a great night, and a fun time with my family.

The next morning was Friday and we were set to head home to Texas.  But Guy ended up needing to make a work stop in Edmond, which just happens to be where my other sis and her kiddos are.  Perfect!!  So we made a pit stop and B got to hang with his aunt and two favorite cousins.




I say this all the time, but Allison and Colin are the the sweetest, polite, and caring kids ever.  They are so loving with Beckett and it just makes my day to get to see them and have them play with B.  I'm hoping they can come down soon and we can have a weekend of fun in Dallas!

Meanwhile, Guy's work was taking longer than expected so we ended up surprising Gigi with an overnight stay at her house!  Unexpected house guests can be annoying, but I am pretty sure that Gigi wasn't too upset that we were coming for a visit.  

Here are a few pics from our short stay...


Signing for airplane.

Love this one!


Giving kisses.

We finally made it home Saturday afternoon.  I have to say that it was a really awesome trip!  It's a lot harder traveling with a baby, but with every trip we take it seems to go even smoother than the last.  I have learned to pack only the essentials, the morning nap is crucial, and don't pack light on the toys or baby snacks.  Our next big trip will be to the beach... YIPPEE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment