Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Beckett's Tie Pictures

I realized that I never posted my series of "tie pictures" of Beckett.  Every month I took a few hundred some pictures of Beckett with a sticker to show his age.   For his birthday party I picked a favorite one of each month and created a banner to hang.  Actually, I couldn't always choose my favorite because I needed all of the pictures to be portrait style (as opposed to landscape style) for consistency.  I also chose to convert them to black and white so that they would look the same.  I didn't mess with the anything fancy of the black and whites tones because I just ran out of time, so it's probably not optimal.  But, the banner turned out cute and it's something I hope to hang on to for him and plan to embarrass him with  proudly display when he graduates high school.  







Sadly, this month I lost the sticker so I never did the tie shot.  But, really, this is about the most precious picture EVER of him!







Fun, right?  I think the biggest difference in the months was from 1 to 2 months.  Amazing what  few weeks of plumping up does.  And I think he started to really look the same around 9 months - just bigger.  

I love these photos.  I am so glad I took the time to do them each month.  

Oh, and here is my banner that I made - it's actually two separate ones, but you get the idea:   



It's still hanging up over our fireplace.  Because, really, we kinda celebrate Beckett Day everyday around here. Ha!

3 comments:

  1. so cute... he looks SO much like his dad! i have my little man's first birthday coming up this month and am hoping to create the same banner if i can force myself to get crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to steal this idea for next year...! I LOVE the birthday banner and monthly pictures! There is so much change from 1-2 months. That Christmas picture is super precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Mr. B is so handsome!! I can't believe he was so itty bitty....He is such a happy boy!

    ReplyDelete