Monday, July 2, 2012

Tulsa Trip (Part 1)

Whew... well, here goes nothing.  This could end up being a really long post, but I better not skip any details because my mom made it pretty darn clear to me that she just "couldn't wait" to read this blog entry.  Ha!  So this is for you, Mom....

We actually set out for Tulsa on Father's Day (Sunday) morning.  Even though Beckett only slept for 45 minutes, the drive went fine.  We put him in a new "big boy" car seat and he LOVES it.  I guess because he can see out the windows and it's not as much of an incline.


We stayed at my Grandma's house all week and it was perfect.  It's nice to be spoiled by your Grandma!  

Monday was pretty low key.  Guy was busy working, so Nama and I caught up and I let Beckett play outside in the yard.  Nama has the most beautiful yard.... I wish I had her green thumb.

Can you see how big her hostas are?  Mine are puny.


That night we went downtown and ate a delicious pizza restaurant.  As we were leaving I snapped a few Dada and B pics.  I just love urban brick backgrounds!



Beckett thought he would drive us home from dinner.  Nice try, buddy.


My mom drove in on Tuesday and we met at Utica Square (just right down the street) for lunch at the Wildfork Grill - a favorite of mine.  I grew up going to Utica Square all the time, so it's a very nostalgic place for me.  So very Tulsa!



The next day we went over to my Aunt Ann and Uncle John's house, which has been in my family for nearly 90 years.  Isn't that incredible?  


Cousin Jimmie and his daughter Anya were in town from Maryland, so that was fun to see them too.  It had been years since I had seen them.  


Beckett found a new partner in crime!






That night we went to my cousin Richard's rehearsal dinner.  It was at a winery right outside of town and was perfect!  They served bbq, which is typically NOT my kind of food but it was actually really delicious.

Even Grant, who is picky like me, chowed down.


After dinner we sat outside and let B crawl around.  






Here is Rick and Richard and below are the happy bride and groom!



Of course, while we were outside and enjoying such a beautiful evening, I had to get a food pictures...

His eyes kill me!


Just a couple of love birds. hahahaha


I'm in love with this one.  B was exhausted since it had been a long day and was well past bedtime.  Only cuddles with Dada and Moose would help.


And special thanks to my sweet sis for capturing these for us.  


Part TWO of the Tulsa trip is coming soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment