Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4th of July Fun

This year we had one of the best 4th's ever.   It never seems like a "real" holiday unless we are busy with activities and our favorite people, and this 4th of July was no exception.  

This year the 4th fell on a Wednesday which at first seemed odd but I quickly decided it was fantastic.  We all slept in and then had a big pancake breakfast - pretty fun for the middle of the week.  After Beckett woke up from his morning nap we headed over to the Flower Mound Children's Parade.

I wasn't going to decorate B's car, but Guy insisted I did - and I am so glad!  It looked adorable.



We arrived early so that we could check out all of the activities.  There were bounce houses, merry-go-rounds, and this fun little train.  And it was all free!

It doesn't look like it here, but B really loved the train.  He kept smiling and wanted to oversee everything.


After Guy consumed about four hot dogs we walked over to meet the Thomann's at the start of the parade.

The boys...


Aren't they so cute in their cars?


And speaking of cute, this sweet little family is precious.  Can you tell that Miss Cora is wearing her patriotic headband?


Unfortunately is was so hot that we all went straight home right afterwards.  B took a good afternoon nap and then we were off to our next destination... The Renter's House!

B got to play with his girlfriend.  And give her kisses!


I mean, really, how cute are these two??




I LOVE this one of Hads.  She has the sweetest little smile!



Of course it's never a party at the Renter's unless the kiddos are in the pool.  What fun!

I love my boys...




B taking it all in.


I know I'm partial, but he is just too precious!




At the end of the evening Emily and I got the brilliant idea to contain the babies in the pack and play.  A few toys and about half a box of Amanda's graham crackers and we were free to enjoy our wine!  ha!




And you can't celebrate the 4th without some homemade ice cream.  Nick, it was sooooo good!!!



What a fun day!





2 comments:

  1. The picture of B in the floatie is a framer! That smile is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute pictures but my favorite is the head shot of Guy and B in the pool:) Good looking boys. Looks like a fun holiday!

    ReplyDelete