Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summertime Treats

It's just ridiculously hot around here.  Stupid hot.  Like I can't even go on a walk after 8:30 am hot.  But this morning B and I decided to brave the temps and play outside.  He's obsessed with crawling in the grass, climbing on our rocks, digging in the dirt, and pulling leaves - all of the usual boy stuff.


He stayed on our picnic blanket for about 5.2 seconds.


It's a wonder he even looked at me!


We played with bubbles - which he thought was all kinds of fun.


And watched the neighborhood kids ride their bikes.


And, of course, talked about dogs and airplanes.


But it was sooooo hot!  I thought the perfect treat might be to enjoy a popsicle.  Several months ago I bought a baby popsicle mold and finally got around to using the other day.  I invented a little "recipe" that consisted of yo baby yogurt, whole milk, banana, and frozen fruit - basically the same recipe I make for his smoothies.  


I figured it would also help his gums feel better.  Teething stinks!


"Yum, yum, momma!"




He quickly devoured the first one and wanted a second.


But that one was just not the same..... It was straight from the freezer so he couldn't bite right into it.  Such a sad little cry!



Love my sweet boy - and love enjoying the simple acts of playing outside and enjoying popsicles with him!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that last picture is my favorite....so sad, buddy. Those popsicles sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Missy, that pic is so funny! I used to sit Guy in the bath tub with a popsicle...then wash him off. He thought it was great fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. turn the handle: Good Shower faucet handle in the rotation, there is no switch over between the Pull down kitchen faucet and the gap opened and closed easily unrestricted, non-skid. Not only can poor quality Bathroom accessories gap, blocked feeling too great.

    ReplyDelete