Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Midweek Randoms

I skipped last week, so I better have some good stuff...right?

* Spring is in the air!  I couldn't be happier.  I love warm weather and crave being outside.  Amazingly it was such a mild winter that my petunias, ferns, and other plants never died!  My backyard is in bloom and I didn't have to do a thing.  NICE!






* I have also tried to pull out some of the Easter decor.  I found these super cute Spring and Easter Egg banners at Target for around $12.00.  That's probably cheaper than what I could make them for, so I was excited.  I plan to add name decals to the Easter buckets (like I did for Valentine's Day).  The buckets are also from Target and around $10 or so.


* Running - yep, I am still at it.  I'm too lazy to go get my phone to check my best run for times, BUT I know for a fact that I have ran 5.3 miles twice in the last two weeks as well as a couple of 4 mile and other shorter runs.  That makes me happy!

* Guy only traveled ONE NIGHT this week!  Hurray!  Isn't this a great picture of him?  I love his natural, real smile.  I got this while we were in Oklahoma.  He was playing with Beckett :).


* Are you watching Smash yet?  It's really good.  Even Guy is into it.  It really makes me want to go back to New York City!  I just love the "big apple."  Sometimes I think it would have been really fun to just pack up and have moved there for a year or so.  But, then again....

* I have been reading The Night Circus.  I had heard from quite a few people that it was really good.  I was intrigued by the first 50 pages, but from there it just really lost my interest.  It was due back to the library over a week ago, but I hate not finishing a book.  Even if I don't like it.  Ugh, I annoy myself!  So, to sum it up I would NOT recommend it.

* I have been working with my embroidery machine.  I have made a few things, most of them not too successful.  Nothing is perfect, but here was my first appliqué project:


* I finally got a personal article insurance policy for my camera and lenses.  If you have a DSLR, you should too!  For all of my equipment it is only $36 for the year.  And that protects it anywhere and from anything!  Soooo worth it!

* I got to take pics of this bit of adorableness.....

The birthday girl will be turning THREE!  What?  I can't believe it!

* I made some of the most delicious pretzels ever.  They are a mix that you buy from Williams Sonoma.  Easy and Delicious!  Next time you head to Williams Sonoma, you definitely need to pick up a few mixes.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Missy! You have been busy. I can't believe your flowers never died. They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete