Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bluebonnets, Bluebonnets, and MORE Bluebonnets

Well, it's officially bluebonnet "season" in the great state of Texas.  And Flower Mound does not disappoint!  Cori and Hayden came in town for the weekend and we made the most of the beautiful weather and photo oops.

There is actually a great little patch of bluebonnets right on 3040 and Garden Ridge near my neighborhood.  Unless you are taking pics at sunrise/sunset, go under the tree for some shade and squint free pics.  It's a PERFECT spot! Oh, and Just ignore the "NO ENTRY" signs, as I am sure they are just there for additional decoration. ha!

But, I mean really.... you would ask for forgiveness later in order to get these sweet pics, right?




I love these sweet momma-daughter ones...



Gorgeous, I know.  But of course Cori and I were not satisfied.  We kinda developed an obsession and tracked down another location.  This one was definitely not for the faint of heart, but boy oh boy it was SO worth it!  Even if you aren't into taking pictures with the bluebonnets, you should definitely make a trip just to do a hike.  It's pretty amazing.

See for yourself!


The entire hillsides are completely covered!  From Lewisville/Flower Mound you will take 1171 all the way to High Road.  Turn left and go until the road dead ends.  



Can you see his bow tie?  That would be a Tar-jay $1.00 special.

Who says I can't buy bows for my boy?  



Now, we took probably 500-600 pictures (no lie).  One would think I would be satisfied.  

Of course not.

I then decided to drag poor Emily to the boonies so that she could capture some family pics for us. Emily happily agreed (clad in her "snake proof" tennies, I might add).  Guy - not so excited :).  He kept mumbling something about his manhood being lost in the flowers.  Not sure what that was about....

Good thing I have a trooper for a husband and friend!  









And, my very favorite...



So glad to have got all of these wonderful pictures!

2 comments: