Friday, March 16, 2012

Day at the Arboretum

Remember how I told you that I was going to take some senior portraits?  Well, Emily and I did.  And we have lived to tell about it!

To set the scene, please keep in mind that the Dallas Arboretum is a good 45 minute drive.  We have a three year old, two babies in the double stroller, a second stroller full of wardrobe changes/leaking water bottles/snacks to keep the babies entertained, and four adults.  We were all busy, but managed to have a good time AND get some good pics.

Here's Sarah (the senior, obviously).  Hope she doesn't mind that I am posting these?  :)



While Emily and I were doing some serious teamwork and snapping away, the babies were being great sports and hanging out.  (Mum-mums, puffs, and goldfish crackers might have contributed to their excellent behavior.)


Meanwhile, Teags is running around and VERY excited to be at the park.



An outfit change and more pictures.  Snap, snap, snap....



We took a break to look at the children's miniature houses and have some lunch.


Beckett was all about giving and getting kisses.  Fine with me!



Oh, I forgot to mention.... Flat Stanley even came along.  He is visiting from my sweet little niece's classroom.  We thought he might enjoy a tour of the Arboretum too.


Third outfit change.... This blue dress looked so pretty on her!


At this point the babies were pretty exhausted.  They bypassed naps and milk, so they were troopers.  


I took Beckett out for a little stretching and crawling around.  He was grateful.






When did Teags get so big?  How is she already (in a couple of days) THREE years old?



How adorable are these girls?  I love this one with Em and Hattie.


And this one cracks me up.  I think Beckett was delirious.


And, to cap off the trip we even saw a lizard.  Teags named him Mr. Lily Lizard.  


I was really so glad that we went.  I only wish that the Arboretum wasn't so stinkin far away.  It would be fun to get a membership and go for picnics and such whenever we wanted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment