Saturday, March 10, 2012

The other day I felt very Martha Stewart-Like and decided to tackle  a project that I have been wanting to do for FOREVER.  New curtains for our entryway!

Our entry door has two skinny windows on either side.  Since we moved in there have been some really gross sheer curtains covering them.  The rods were at one time a lovely brass, but probably 10 years ago they faded to a mottled silver/rust combo.  Pretty, pretty.

Not only was the whole look not very try exciting, but I hated the feeling that people could look inside our house so easily.  (You know, like when the scouts selling cookies and popcorn come to your door and they have their noses pressed up against the glass staring you down.  No running and hiding from that - they get me every time.)

Here is the before, with one curtain removed.  Oh, and I am refinishing the door knocker and repainting the door, so ignore that for now:


I started by taking down the rods and using Rust-oleum's Oil rubbed bronze spray paint to refinish them.  They look brand new! I bought a single curtain from Target, cut it in half, and re-sewed the edges and rod pockets.  It was seriously so easy!  And super cheap.

Ta-Daaaa!



So, there you have it!  My Martha Stewart inner diva came out.  Now I am going to go be very un-Martha and whip up some delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner.  And maybe some girl scout cookies for dessert.  Don't be jealous.

2 comments:

  1. Okay....this is ADORABLE!!! I'm so impressed. I need your help on minnnnnnne. The trouble I run into is that my window opening is super skinny and I can't get a rod to fit. Clearly, a man designed my home. :)

    ReplyDelete