Thursday, February 16, 2012

Midweek Randoms

* Hope everyone is having a great week!  It's been verrrrry quiet around here.  Guy has been traveling every week, so it's just Mr. B and I piddling around the house.  Next week should be a bit busier.


* On Monday we go for Beckett's semi-annual testing at Dallas Children's.  It will be a very long day!  The last time Beckett did major testing he wasn't mobile and was pretty content to be held for the majority of the day.  I doubt we will have the same experience!  The hospital did call today to let us know what we owe. Ugh.  Well, we will at least make our deductible!

* The other day I was eating my lunch and crunch, crunch, crunch.... a filling in a tooth came out!  Yuck. The worst part is that of course we don't have dental insurance right now.  Guy's company is looking at getting it for us, but I don't think I can wait on them.  Bummer.

* I'm super excited for some upcoming activities.  On Saturday night we are going out with the Renters and Stoners to Deep Ellum.  We are going all fancy and getting a driver and everything.  It should be very fun!  Beckett's sweet little swim instructor is going to babysit, so he should be in good hands.

* I got all bored one day crafty and made these cute little Valentine Buckets.  I used picnik, inkjet vinyl, and pails from Jo-Ann's to make them.  I think I will make some Easter ones as well.  But, I would like to use larger paint size buckets.  Does anyone know where I can find them?



* For Valentine's Day Guy and I went to Blue Mesa for brunch.  It's soooo yummy!




*When I was preggo and looking at baby clothes I had discovered the world of monogramming and appliqués.  Seriously, soooo cute!  From there I became obsessed with being able to make appliqués.  I tried on my own with just my sewing machine, but it's not the same.  Well, I had put some money aside and for months have been searching for a good deal on an embroidery machine.  The other day I came across a used one for almost half off!  It arrived today!! Yippee!  I am still waiting on some parts (coming Monday) and I can hardly wait to get started.



* The weather has been COLD and Guy has been gone all but one day this week, so running hasn't really happened like I wanted it to.  My best run got cut short, but here it is:

2.6 miles @ 9:43 avg. min/mile


* I LOVE this video.  It's just part of a typical day of playing for Beckett.  He loves playing "games" with  me.  His two favorites are peek-a-boo and the "uh oh" game.  Most of the time when I give him a small object he will drop it too and crack up laughing.  It stopped being funny though when he dropped his mum-mum and I didn't pick it up.  Now THAT was a fit.  Anyhow, here is Beckett watching me drop his orange ball (which he loves rolling around).

1 comment:

  1. Love the video:) Can't wait to see what you make on your new machine. Congratulations on your running progress!

    ReplyDelete