Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dear Reese: 2 Months

Dear Reese (or Baby Reese as you are always called),

You are two months.  I am shocked by how much you have grown and changed.  You have developed chubby little cheeks, little rolls on your legs,  and the most infectious grin I have ever seen.



I mean, LOOk at this smile.  You do this nearly every time I look at you.  You coo and smile at me and it just melts my heart.  I think you are the smiliest baby I have ever seen.  It's heaven.


I took you for your 2 month appointment a bit late - at 2.5 months actually.  Big brother had passed along a lovely cold to you, so I thought it was mean for you to be sick and get shots. 

Eleven Week Stats:

Weight: 10.8 lbs (35%)
Height: 22 3/4" (35%)
Head: 37 1/4" (10%) - Dr. Harpavat thought they just didn't measure correctly.

For comparison, here is a post I wrote about Beckett at 11 weeks.  It seems as though he was quite a bit bigger than you!  Dr. Harpavat predicted that you will be a petite little lady.  There's nothing wrong with that!


I am so impressed with how you are picking up a routine.  You are a good eater and nurse about 8 times a day.  I can now lay you in the pack and play (still in our room) and you will go to sleep on your own.  You like to be swaddled tight with your arms in and rarely use a pacifier.  You are still terrible at the paci and for the past week haven't used it at all.  


You hardly fuss or cry - just when you are hungry and little when you start to get tired.  You can stay in the swing or on your playmate for awhile now, but you definitely prefer to be social and held.
The boys in the house adore you.  Beckett still hasn't shown any signs of jealousy.  One day he did try to pick you up from your swing.  Dada happened to walk around the corner just in time.  Beckett said, "I just wanted to hold her."  Thank goodness you were strapped in!


We love you so much sweet girl.  You are incredible.


Love,
Momma


1 comment:

  1. She is a beautiful and sweet little girl and we miss her terribly! I love the pic of B trying to give her the paci. I'm sure he doesn't understand why she doesn't grab onto it!

    ReplyDelete