Friday, March 14, 2014

Dear Reese: 1 Month

Dear Reese,

Oh, you are so loved.  In fact, you were loved long before you were even an idea.  I have always wanted a daughter.  A little girl to play house with, make cookies with, go shopping with. I feel like I have always known that I would need  a to fill our family.  We now have two precious children, and I hope that one day all of the millions of pictures I have of you both will show just how much I have loved every fleeting moment. 

The moments these days are fast moving and a bit of a whirlwind.  It's a steady cycle of eat, clean, play, repeat.  But we have learned so much about you in a short time!

 
  Here is what we know about you so far: 
 
 
You hardly ever cry.  Not for a bath, diaper change, and rarely if you are hungry.  Instead, you grunt!  Yep, you are a grunting machine.  Poor baby, you do have quite a bit of gas.  :(
 
You generally want to be held all the time.  You will be ok in the car seat, swing, or playmat for a few minutes but then the grunting begins.  And that means it's time to be held!  It's ok by us, between the three of us we all fight to hold you next.
 
At 5 weeks you began to smile at me.  Just every once in a while, but by 6 weeks I can usually coax a big grin out of you.  You are always watching your family members and love to hear the sounds of everyone talking.
 
You are the lightest sleeper!  Just the sound of footsteps will wake you up.  For the record, your brother could sleep through a tornado. 
 
 
You are strong!  We are so impressed with you head control and movements.  We are pretty sure you will be keeping up with big brother in no time at all.





And speaking of Beckett, he loves you SO much.  Or as he says, "soooooooo much, momma."  He also says "she's so tiny!" and "I wanna hold her!" many times a day.  He hasn't shown one ounce of jealousy, just an enormous amount of love for you. 


We love you, sweet girl.
 
Love,
Momma
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment