Monday, May 14, 2012

First Momma's Day

Mother's Day... it's a little surreal to me that I get to participate in this holiday.  Me?  A Momma?  Even after a year 50.5 weeks of Mr. B it still seems strange that I am a parent.

But then again it doesn't at all - I have always wanted to be a momma.  And I am lucky enough to share in raising the most wonderful son a person could ask for.


For Mother's Day Guy declared that I got to do whatever I wanted.  Sounds good to me :).  Here's a recap of our day....

First things first - coffee and our new favorite reality shocker show "Ducky Dynasty."  Have you seen it? It's pretty entertaining.  Then I set off for a long run (SEVEN miles... wahoo!).  I came home to a clean kitchen, beautiful calla lilies, and a handmade stepping stone for my garden.  B helped me open my cards.

Can you see the sweat on my hat?  Yuck!!


We then headed off to my favorite breakfast obsession, Fuzzy Tacos.  You  just can't beat a potato, egg, and cheese taco!

We all relaxed around the house for awhile.  Beckett played with the dogs and then took a good nap and Guy and I watched the Justin Beiber movie.  Yeah, I know.... and I actually liked it.  Don't judge.


It was a beautiful day, so we took Beckett on a wagon ride.  He was all smiles and just loved it!



And, since it was really "my" day, we did what I love... a picnic at the park!  I love the Grapevine Botanical park and would go there every day if I could.  


Dinner was yummy.  I had a salad, which is about my favorite food to eat.  Guy even snuck some Chardonnay into the picnic basket for me!


I tried the self timer to get a family pic, but it's way out of focus!




We had such a nice time at the park.  

There was some baby wrestling,



and a tickle monster,



a "photo session,"


and swinging!




The day was capped off with Culver's chocolate malts and a good back rub.  You can't beat that!  Thank you Guy and Beckett for making me feel so special!

And to my own momma - I love you so much and wish we could have spent the day with you too!  You are truly the kindest person I know.  We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy first Mother's Day Missy! Looks like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your first Mother's Day was so nice!

    ReplyDelete