Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dear Beckett: 47, 48, and 49 Weeks

Dear Beckett,

How do I even sum up the last three weeks?  At week 47 we jetted off to California for your first plane ride, trip to the beach, zoo visit, and Disneyland excursion.  You missed many naps, had strange travel food (including McDonalds!), and spent A LOT of time in the car seat.  But you still managed to enjoy all of the fun activities and be a very good sport.



Your two favorite activities were going to the beach and visiting the San Diego Zoo.  You absolutely loved splashing in the waves and digging in the sand!



Here is a video clip of you splashing in the waves.


At the zoo you thought all of the animals were dogs.  




Now that we are home you say dog probably 100-200 times a day (no exaggeration).  You LOVE to stand by the window and yell DOOOGGGGG over and over again.  


The day after we returned home from California you officially turned 11 months.  This is unreal to me.  I have been very busy planning your birthday party and purchasing some fun birthday toys for you.  There are a lot of people who can't wait to celebrate with us!


I love this picture.  I was clapping my hands, trying to get you to look at me and smile.  You think clapping is SO funny!  Just this past week you have finally starting clapping too!


Of course, I also had to do a fancier "photo shoot" with you as well.  Dada came and helped with this one and he sure can make you laugh!




You pull up to stand every chance you get.  So far you are only able to stand on your own for a couple of seconds before you lose your balance.




You are also on your knees a lot.  Dada calls this the "prairie dog."


You do the "prairie dog" a lot.



You are eating a TON of food.  You LOVE meat and are a very good eater.  You definitely inspect your food, though, and are cautious to try new fruits and vegetables.  Usually we have to eat it first to show you it tastes yummy.



I have also started the weaning process.  Since you used to only get one bottle each day (before bedtime and I would hold you), I had to teach you how to hold a bottle and do it yourself.  
 It makes me pretty sad - I love our cuddle times with your bottle, but you really prefer to do it yourself.


You got to see your family the other weekend.  I think they were pretty shocked at how much you had grown and how independent you are getting!



It must be pretty fun being Beckett.  You do lots of playing,


park time,


and swimming!


We are very lucky to have good friends who let us take you swimming in their pool.  It's safe to say that you love it.  And we do too!





We love you sweet boy.


Love,
Mom









2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo of him in the pool and the water drops flying! I love the video of him scurrying to the water:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is really getting big Missy! I love the last picture of him, such a sweet smile. ;-)

    ReplyDelete