Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Midweek Randoms

I decided to start doing some "Midweek Randoms."  Probably not every week, but I do think of things I want to blog about, and this is a short and easy way to do it.

So, here goes.....

* I found a new shower curtain at Home Goods this week.  I love that store.  All of the colors match the bathroom really well and I like the print.  That combo is hard to find!  What do you think?


* Apparently I have a fear that whenever Beckett starts using dishes I won't have a way to feed him.  This.is.ridiculous.  He has more cups than I do!  And, sadly, I found even more stashed away.


* There is a new baby shop in Highland Village called "Addison June."  They have some very cute things.  I found this baby popsicle mold that I thought B would love, especially when teething or this summer.  I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon.


* You can call me DIY Missy from now on.  The drill and I have become good friends.  This week I re-hung several curtain rods that were never as far out from the window as I would have liked.  It's amazing how much better it looks when you fake having big windows!  I actually do have big windows, but now they look really big.  Me likey.  I'm also rearranging the wall decor in there.  That is a whole other story.


* I broke down and started to watch "Downton Abbey."  It's really good.  If you like a good period piece a la masterpiece theater style.  It's interesting to learn about the class system in the early 1900's.  I know, I sound like I am 50 years old.  Come to think of it, everyone who suggested it to me is over 50.  Hmmmm.

* I have been hitting up some of the end of season sales.  Mostly for Beckett.  I'm just trying to get him some good basics for the summer and a few things for the fall/winter.  Here's my model in his new shirt:


* And, finally, here's my attempt at this week's photo challenge in my photography group.  We were suppose to show "light in motion." I used a flashlight to create some stars.  It was actually kinda hard to do!  (But fun!)

1 comment:

  1. Love the new shower curtain! I'm relieved to know B will have dishes to use:) I used to put Guy in the bath tub with popsicles when he was little; easy to wash him off that way! I haven't watched Downton Abbey yet but we have several episodes DVR'd. Love the model and his shirt! Cute stars! That's what the instructor did in the last class I took.

    ReplyDelete