Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dear Beckett: 38 Weeks

Dear Beckett,

I don't even know where to begin.  To be honest, I have been so overwhelmed with your enormous developmental and physical leaps you have made over the past two weeks that I am behind on my letters to you.  I have been chasing you all over!  Yep, you are now a crawler.... and a fast one too! 





 It seemed to happen in just a matter of days.  You went from going a few steps at a time to suddenly making it across the room.  You make a B-line for many things - the fireplace, outlets, cords, dog bowls, lamps, and the oven just to name a few.  Toys are out and "no no's" are in.

I have tried to distract you with new toys and fun things to chomp on, but you are pretty determined to get into as much trouble as possible.  



One of your favorite discoveries are the rugs.  You are constantly looking under them.  





I have been SO proud!  You will often mimic me doing all sorts of activities.  For instance, when I tap two toys together, you will do the same.  Or if I drop an object and say "uh oh" you will drop it when I say "uh oh" again.  That and peek-a-boo are two of your favorite games!


We have stayed busy with other activities too.  You LOVE swimming lessons.  Our first class was a success.  You  had a great time splashing your hands in the water and watching other swimmers splash and kick.


Skills we work on are getting into the water safely, blowing bubbles, doing the "monkey crawl," splashing, kicking, laying on your back, and going under water.  I am pretty amazed that you are actually making progress in all of these skills!  After three lessons you will put your face in the water and not cry when going under.  



We have also tried some mess free finger painting.  



And a play date with Hattie.


I love this picture!  This was the first day you were really crawling all over.  She was faster getting to a toy than you and you did not like it one bit!  Look at that face!  I see a bit of your dad's competitiveness there.


All of this crawling has also made you a very hungry boy.  You have suddenly gone through a huge growth spurt.  You wear mostly 12-18 month clothes, especially in onesies and shirts.  Your pants tend to be 6-12 month sizes.


You love to feed yourself - baked potatoes and avocados are a new favorite.  And two more top teeth help you with your eating!



Water is delicious!  You are learning to use the sippy cup by yourself, but it tends to end up all over your clothes instead of in your mouth.



We celebrated your first Valentine's Day a little early.  You got to open presents from both set of grandparents.   Ribbons are lots of fun!







You are also doing a lot of babbling.  You love to say "guh, goo, geh," etc.  On several occasions you have repeated what I've said to you "goo goo gah gah" and "hi!"  Your dad and I both heard it as clear as can be!  I'm not ready to say that "hi" was your first word yet (although you have said it twice), but maybe if you do it again I will.  


You also like to make silly faces when you are talking!

Funny boy, you keep me laughing.


Your daddy also keeps me laughing.  He loves to play and be silly with you.

He says you are his best accessory.   According to him you complete any outfit.  Here's my models:



I'd say he's right!


But the past two weeks haven't been all fun and games.  For 5 days you ran a 101.5 temp.  Without any other symptoms, we worried that you had a UTI (which in your case would lead to a kidney infection and additional scarring).  Per doctor's orders we went to the Children's Hospital to do testing.  THANKFULLY, the test was negative!  We were so relieved!


We love you so much, sweet boy.  We can't believe how fast you are growing up!



We love you.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Beckett IS the best accessory! Everything looks better with a little B added:)

    ReplyDelete