Monday, January 9, 2012

G-Man

I told you the other week that we had gotten home from OK and I was busy watching my brother play basketball.  Well, I am finally getting around to posting the pics.

Norman High played in the Trophy Club Tournament for three days right after Christmas.  Lucky for us, Trophy Club is just a 30 minute drive away!  We took B to the first two games and he L-O-V-E-D watching the "big boys" play basketball.




I should also add that it was really, REALLY loud in there - whistles, yelling, horns, and nearly ear deafening music.

But Beckett was all smiles.



Now, I don't know much about basketball.  Or sports, really.  That whole competitiveness plus eye-hand coordination thing was never really my bag.  BUT, I have always loved watching my brothers and sister play their sports.    I have to brag about them all because they really are all truly great athletes.  

Grant plays soccer and basketball.  And he is FAST.  Like really, really, really FAST.


He played so well in the tournament.  They kept winning all of the games!


Despite the winning streak excitement, there seemed to be at least one little boy who was getting very sleepy.


And, he's out!  He hasn't fallen asleep in a public place like this since he was a newborn.  And remember, it was ridiculously loud.



Still sleeping....



Sweet boy!  The good news was that Norman High had was now in the final Championship playoffs!

Here's Grant at the big game.



And then, an accident happened.  Grant and another player bumped heads.  Hard.  The game stopped, blood was everywhere, and the look on his teammates' faces was one of horror.  

Meanwhile.....



As it turned out, Grant was going to need stitches.  The hit had torn the skin right above his eye.  He was a trooper, though, and even reluctantly posed for a pic before we headed off to Rapid Med.



And, did I mention.... THEY WON THE TOURNAMENT!  Way to go Norman!


Now this is on the gross side, so if you have a weak stomach stop scrolling down now.  


You have been warned!


Pretty gross, huh?  


Congratulations, Frankenstein.  Oops, Grant.  Proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment