Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Babysitter

Have you heard of the Carl books?  My mother-in-law introduced me to them and they are wonderful!  


Carl is a sweet Rottweiler who is the family pet.  In the beginning of each story "Mother" goes to run errands and leaves Carl to watch the baby.  Carl takes his job very seriously and takes baby on all sorts of adventures.  Baby is safe, loved, and well cared for.  When mother gets home from her errand shopping, baby is happily playing or napping.  

Now, doesn't that sound nice?

As you may know, I have two dogs.  

I'm pretty sure Thing 1 and Thing 2 would NOT make good babysitting puppies.



But, I do have my own version of Carl.  His name is Ricardo.



Ricardo is also my best friend.  He does what every woman dreams of a man doing....


Vacuums!  


You see, Ricardo is our Roomba.  (Yes, he does deserve a name.) He zips around the house, cleaning every inch of our floors.  He is my dream come true, a knight in shining armour.  


And as you can see, he is also a very good source of entertainment for Mr. Beckett.  Anytime I turn on Ricardo (which is frequent due to Thing 1 and Thing 2), Beckett stops whatever he is doing and is transfixed.  I seriously think he could watch Ricardo work for hours.  HOURS.

And if you don't believe me.....


Too cute!  Love our little man, love Ricardo, and even love Lucy and Jake (aka Thing 1 and 2).

1 comment:

  1. Missy you should write a book for the modern mother and baby with Ricardo tending Beckett while Mother jogs! I think it would be a hit:)

    ReplyDelete