Monday, January 16, 2012

Clothes for the B-Man

Do you watch Two Broke Girls? In last week's episode Max's secret cupcake recipe is revealed.  She uses Duncan Heinze cake mix, with a "secret ingredient" of a tablespoon of Pillsbury mix.  No, not much of an original, but still her own creation.

Well, I am telling you this because I applied the same principle to crafting.  Mix together a few pinterest ideas together and voila!   I created a digital graphic and applied it to a onesie.  And it came out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Take a look.  Cute, huh?




And not just the baby!  Check out his outfits!  They are "Missy Originals." Ha!  Now here's how I did it.  Someone else already did all of the hard work in getting the directions written out, so just follow the links for specifics.

Your Materials:

T shirt or Onesie
Printer with plenty of ink
Transfer paper: order HERE (don't go all cheap and get the transfer paper from the Hob Lob.  This is the good stuff!)
iron


Step 1: The fun part!  Design your image.  Check out this girl's blog for directions on how to create graphics using the free website www.picnik.com.   It's super easy and fun.  You could make recipe cards, invitations, greeting cards, cake toppers, the list goes on and on.  Just be sure to save your image to your computer.

Step 2: You will now need to print your image onto the transfer paper. But here's the kicker - you MUST be sure to print it as a mirror image or else your image/writing will be backwards!  I was able to do this by checking the "Flip Horizontally" box on my printer options.

Step 3: From here on, just follow the directions included with the transfer paper.  Basically, you just iron on the image and peel the paper off.  Now if you look closely you will see some streak marks.  These were my first attempts, but I believe it is better to continually move the iron slowly, rather than stay stationary for 30 seconds or so as the directions say.  I think you will avoid streaking that way.  Also, buy a shirt/onesie that does not have any ribbing in it!

So easy!

3 comments:

  1. If I pay you will you make me a couple? I am NOT crafty and those are precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear it was the easiest thing! Thanks! I would happily make some for you - no money, silly. I thought it was neat to be able to make the graphics, especially for birthday parties or holidays.

    ReplyDelete