Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dear Beckett: Christmas Part 4

(*Yes, I know..... Part FOUR???  I'm out of control. )

Dear Beckett,

We left Oklahoma on Monday and headed back home.  That night we did our own little family Christmas.  



You seemed to enjoy your presents from Dad, Mom, and Santa.  One of my favorite little gifts was the robot backpack - we had so much fun picking it out for you and envisioning you using it when you are a little older.  We also gave two presents that we hope to continue as repeated Christmas traditions - a new ornament and a Christmas storybook.  I think it will be fun to give them to you years down the road when you have your own family.  


Speaking of gifts, I did want to show you all of the presents that were so thoughtfully and generously given to you.  No, Christmas is NOT just about about presents - that is a small part, but I do think it will be fun for you to look back later and see what was given to you for your first Christmas.  I look back at all of the 80's toys and clothes and laugh.  I bet you will do the same!

I wasn't joking when I said that presents were GENEROUSLY given, was I?  Mr. B, you may be in danger of getting spoiled...




From Aunt Aimee, Uncle Dan, Cousin Allison, and Cousin Colin:  I just LOVE the Build a Bear "Christmas Bear" that has your year embroidered on it.  I can't wait for you to start building with your blocks too!  


You love reading books with your puppy dog chair!  



From Uncle Alex and Aunt Jess: You are now decked out with some adorable clothes and fun toys!  The trumpet is one of your very favorite toys right now.


From Great Nama, Great Uncle Rik, Cousin Richard and Cousin Alicia: When I was little, Nama started an ornament collection for me that now hangs on our family tree.  She has done the same for you!  


From Thunder and Gigi: I love that they made you your very own photo book.  It is filled with pictures of your family!  So far, you are LOVING the "Peekaboo Baby" book.  That's quickly becoming one of your favorite games, too!


From Cori, Damon, and Hayden:  You have already sported your new beanie hat and I must say, you are looking good!




From David and Patty Smith: Wow.... what a beautiful ornament!


From Kevin, Emily, Teagan, and Hadley: Oh my, your very own Tom's .  I'm in love....  


Great Nanny: Ha!  This is a pretty funny bib and burp cloth set!  We can never have enough of those.


Aunt Steph: New clothes and a good DVD - Aunt Steph knows what a boy needs :).


From P-Pa and Grandma: (Your Radio Flier Wagon is not shown.)  Something funny is that the Toy Story Woody Doll speaks French! We're not sure why, but it is pretty funny to hear a French Woody.  I am so excited for you to use your new swing.  You just went for the first time this week and had SO much fun.  I am also super excited to cart you around in a bright red wagon.  Your Uncle Zach and Uncle Grant had one too and they were always playing with it.

I also love that you have a 2011 Silver Coin and a set of 2011 Football Cards.  P-pa says that's the start of your retirement plan.  ha!



As you can tell, you had a very BIG Christmas.  And we did too.  As a child, I loved the magic of this time of year.  I can't wait to share that with you and make many more holiday memories!

We love you.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness... The running joke in our house is always that we could start our own toy store. I think you all could as well! Merry Christmas Beckett! Btw - put some of the stuff away and every few weeks pull out something new... I did that when G was little and it was always like he had something new and exciting!

    ReplyDelete