Monday, September 5, 2011

Dear Beckett: 15 Weeks

Dear Beckett,

Well, you only lasted one week in your bedroom before you were back to Mom and Dad's room!  We kept thinking that you would get used to it, but it never happened.  You went from waking up only once a night (around 4:00 am) in our room to every couple of hours in yours!  You began moving around a lot too.... sometimes you would wake yourself up crying because you had bonked your head against the side of the crib.  One night we found you sleeping on your side, which you hadn't done since you were a newborn.  It's funny because you hardly ever move in the portable crib.  




We were SO proud of you when we did your second round of kidney testing at the hospital.  You couldn't eat when you were hungry, couldn't sleep when you were tired, and were poked and prodded all day.  The ONLY time you cried was when you had an IV needle.  The nurse couldn't believe that you stayed still and didn't put up a bigger fuss.  To make the day a little easier, we brought your owl "lovie" so that you would have something to cuddle.  You absolutely LOVED it and continue to hold on to it and suck on the arms whenever I give it to you.  So cute!




One of our favorite times of day is right when you wake up in the mornings.  You are all smiles and love to play games, like mimicking us by sticking your tongue out.  






One morning I discovered the funniest thing!  You have been more and more interested in your feet, so I am always picking them up and showing them to you.  You were grabbing on to your big toe and I helped you put it in your mouth.  You just laughed and laughed!  Of course, we just think it's too much fun to do this to you now..... and you still think it is just as funny!


Funny Toes Video (ignore my voice as I was on my phone when I happened to catch this!)


Your sweet smile is contagious.  



You bring us such joy.




We love you.

Love,

Mom





2 comments:

  1. Missy, he is just precious! I was thinking about you all so much and am so thankful for your good news! Hope you all are doing well. I know you must LOVE being a mommy... It seems to suit you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Laura! Doing good, just lots going on. I am absolutely loving every minute of being a mom - I feel so fortunate to have such an easygoing baby and began feeling like my old self so quickly! We really do need to get our boys together :).

    ReplyDelete