Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dear Beckett: 14 Weeks

Dear Beckett,

Although you are now 14 weeks old, you officially turned THREE months this week!  What a milestone.... you have grown and changed in so many ways.



You wear size two diapers and 6 month clothes.  You weigh 14 pounds!  

(Enough with the pictures, Mom!)



You had a great time in Oklahoma.  Everyone loved showering you with attention, and I don't think you minded one bit!  You are such a "people person" and love to smile and coo.  You are laughing more and more - it is the sweetest sound I have ever heard.  I can't imagine a happier baby.



While we were in Oklahoma you got to SWIM!  I had been dying to take you.  We absolutely couldn't believe how much you enjoyed it.  You just smiled and kicked you legs.  You didn't even mind getting splashed or your head accidentally under the water (oops!).  Afterwards you took your first shower and did great with that too.  Not one single fuss!






When we got home we inadvertently started you on sleeping in your own room instead of with us.  We couldn't get your portable crib (what you normally sleep in) to set up correctly, so you slept in your room by yourself for the very first time.  It made me very sad and I have to admit that I really missed you sleeping right there beside me.  You also seem to miss it because you are not sleeping nearly as well.  You are waking up several times a night (normally just once, but in Oklahoma you slept ALL night twice!).  I am debating putting you back in your portable crib with us, but we both just need to adapt the best we can.  

Here you are with Dad as he takes his afternoon nap.  Two peas in a pod!


You look just like your Daddy in these pictures.





We love you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment