Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall TV

I'm really not much of a TV person.  During the day I NEVER turn it on, and typically just have a few shows that I like to keep up with.  This is the complete opposite of Guy - he loves TV and likes to have it on constantly.  Drives me nuts!

Despite this, we have both been excited for the fall TV shows.  This week the big networks did a lot of their pilot episodes.  We used the trusty DVR and got caught up after B-Man went to bed.  Here's the  lowdown:

Two and 1/2 Men: SO much better without Charlie Sheen.  Loved Ashton Kutcher and how the writers added him in.  I think he will bring in a more youthful audience too.  (Did you see his abs?) I never watched it before (Guy did, so I just heard it in the background), but I could see myself watching it regularly.

Broke Girls:  It had some funny one liners.  Something about the brunette lead bugs me, but it has potential.  I'm not sure that it will continue to be very good, but I did like the pilot and will try it again next week.

Up All Night:  We instantly wanted to watch this one because it seemed to mirror our lives in a lot of ways (married 7 years, have a new baby).  I think Guy liked it more than I did, but I really like Christina Applegate.  I will keep watching.

New Girl: My favorite so far!  Zooey Deschanel is just cool - she makes ugly plastic glasses and overalls adorable.  I like the three roommates also.  It reminded me of a romantic comedy movie, not just a TV show.  Maybe a younger Adam Sandler comedy?  I laughed through the whole episode!

The only other show that I was interested in was Whitney.  It looked like it had potential.

Yes, it sounds like I have been glued to the TV  for hours on end.  But I have also been busy playing with this little man....  How cute is his hat?



1 comment:

  1. Love the hat! And the adorable little critter under it:)

    ReplyDelete