Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bloggy Therapy

I have been working on trying to start this post with a few different sentences.  Here are the ones I started to write, then deleted, then wrote again.

The past few weeks have been stressful.
Things are pretty crazy around here!
My mind is going in a million different directions.
When it rains, it pours.

Are you sensing a trend?  Hahaha!  Honestly, I feel a little whiney because I have lots to be thankful for and am trying to see the positive in all of the stressful little things coming our way.  To be cliche, there actually is a silver lining in all of it.

And because my mind IS spinning in a million directions, here are a few random thoughts....

* Thank goodness the weather has been beautiful.  I have gotten to go outside for lots of walks/runs which always makes me feel good.  Yesterday Beckett and I met Emily and the girls at the park and it was so nice to spend time outside.  We even had a little picnic.  I LOVE the park we went to in Grapevine because it is so peaceful and pretty.







* What to do about health insurance is the big debate around here.  I can't tell you how many countless hours I have spent on the phone with Blue Cross.  Today's big job is to work on getting $1,100 back from them that they don't want to give.  Yesterday the insurance agent actually told me that I shouldn't even bother since we have only been on this one plan for 6 days.  Grrrreeaaat.  There is zero logic in that since we paid for 31 days and deserve a refund.

* The drive through is my new best friend.  I'm not a fast food eater, but if I am out running errands with Beckett then Chick-fil-A is my go-to lunch.  I love Chick-fil-A.  I really love their lemonade and ketchup packets.

*Kroger will no longer double/triple coupons and now our bank is ending their rewards points program!  Dang!!

* Beckett is sleeping like a champ.  He has pushed his "middle of the night" feeding to 5:00-5:30 am!  I got seven hours of blissful, uninterrupted sleep last night.  Heaven.

* Cori and I have our 30th birthday trip all planned and set up for next summer.  I will go on my very first cruise!

* Guyla came down on Monday and we had the best time.  It was a beautiful day so we walked around Southlake some and then spent the rest of the day drinking wine on the patio.  Guy rocked the Baby Bjorn, which got lots of smiles.  My mom and sis are coming on Friday and I am super excited about that too!  Even though we live out of state from our family, we are getting to see everyone quite a bit.





Thanks for reading my boring post!




No comments:

Post a Comment