Monday, September 19, 2011

Dear Beckett: 17 Weeks

Dear Beckett,

This week I wanted to share some of your stats, highlights, and favorites.


Size: You weigh about 16 pounds!  I can hardly cart you around in your car seat. You wear 6-12 month size clothes, with only a few 3-6 month separates fitting you.  Pretty soon you will move up to size 3 diapers.

Who you look like: Most people will instantly say you look just like your dad!  I do think you have my nose, eyes, and mouth.  You definitely have you dad's ears!  I see a lot of Gary in you too.  

Baby Guy



Baby Missy




Your Hair:  You lost your newborn hair so quickly.  For a long time you sported the "old-man-no-hair-on-top" look.  Your hair has grown in on top now, but it looks pretty funny from the back!

1 1/2 Weeks Old

17 Weeks Old

Favorite toy: You love tugging on the straps from the round pillow toy.  You also enjoy the kick mat, swing seat, and your new activity center.  You still love your play mat, but it doesn't capture your attention as long as it used to.  

Favorite Friend:  Here you are with your favorite buddy.  Mom wanted to call him your "lovie," but Dad had a different idea.  He calls him Omar Sadiki.  Yes, this is the bad guy from the movie Body of Lies.  Yes, your lovie is named after a Middle Eastern Terrorist.  Yes, this name has stuck.  No, I do not like it!

16 Weeks

Favorite book:  You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 10 Fat Turkeys.  You look at all the pictures and pay such close attention.  You really enjoy being read to.  Below are pictures from your first story time at Barnes and Noble.  You were fascinated and never took your eyes off of the reader (not even once!).  You giggled and smiled at all the funny parts :).




Favorite Song: You have always loved listening to music and being sung to.  When you were first born your Dad would always make up silly songs and sing them over and over to you.  I sing to you too.... but I haven't learned many nursery songs yet so I just sing whatever pops into my mind.  Right now you LOVE "We Wish You a Merry Christmas."  Yes, I know it is September!  But it makes you grin every time.

Favorite Game:  You think it's pretty funny to mimic us and stick out your tongue.  I LOVE this video (17 weeks)!


Disposition:  We always know if you are tired or hungry because it is one of the few times you get upset.  You usually start making loud "yells" and only cry if we take too long to get you fed.  Lately you have loved cuddle time and that is just fine by me!  I hold you and you suck on your paci and give me the biggest grins.  It just makes my whole day.  You are SUCH a happy baby!!

Your Development:  This week you rolled over all by yourself.  You have only done it a few times, but you have gone from back to stomach and stomach to back.  You are also interacting more and more with your toys and love to try to put them in your mouth.

You are putting your fingers in your mouth ALL THE TIME.  It's borderline obsessive!  Ha!  You are also drooling a bunch, and we wonder if you are teething.  

Your body is getting stronger and stronger.  You can sit up with just a little assistance and now like to stand (with lots of help, of course), although your legs give out on you quickly.

Sleeping:  You now sleep on your side and prefer your left, which is how I always slept when I was pregnant with you.  You dream a lot - we love to watch you smile, but sometimes you make pouty faces and "fake cry" too.  You are super active in your bed now, especially when you lost your paci and are trying to find it.

In this video you were suppose to be going to sleep, but you worked hard at trying to roll over and find your paci instead!



Snuggling and then sleeping with Mom... 


Heaven!


Your Chubby Cheeks:  I love, love, love your chubby little cheeks.  I can always tell when you are about to go through a growth spurt because they get extra squishy and you will hardly have a neck.  

29 Weeks Pregnant

1 Day Old


3 Weeks Old

9 Weeks

11 Weeks

16 Weeks
Beckett, we love you so much.  We just can't imagine our family complete without you.  Each week just keeps getting better and better!

Love,
Mom


2 comments:

  1. Oh Missy, what a wonderful post. I love the videos! Beckett looks so much like both of you and I really thought he had Guy's ears but these baby pictures make me reconsider:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omarrrrr :) What a handsome little man you have! I love, love, love the video of him sticking out his tongue. He is such a love!

    ReplyDelete