Saturday, January 26, 2013

Outside Fun

The other day I posted a some snowy day pictures and now we had a few perfect 70 degree days.  I always love an unexpected warm day in the middle of winter.  Those are the days you drop everything you had planned on doing and just spend it outside. So, that's exactly what we did!

Our warm day started off with a discovery.


I noticed B has something in his hands.  He's walking carefully (just shuffling along), and I can tell that he is being very careful with whatever it is he has.  Actually this same thing happened just the day before and it was a spider that was literally the size of his palm.  Naturally I freaked out but remembered that I had to put my boy mom pants on and so we talked about Mr. Spider and how he lives outside. Beckett was very careful and gently walked him out of the house into a flower pot.  And then I scrubbed his hands raw and looked for spider bites...ha!

So I was pleasantly surprised to see that this find was a sweet little lady bug.  That I can do.


B was very sweet with lady bug and knew he needed to go outside.  I about died because the second I opened the door outside he literally threw the lady bug like a grenade launcher out of the house.  So much for soft and gentle.

Next up we got our shoes on.  B insisted he do this himself.  So I parked myself on the floor and just took pictures.  I was there for awhile. (And no, he can not do that himself.)


We went on a very long walk that ended with visiting our favorite neighbors.  B has gradually got more comfortable feeding them on his own.  I cut the carrots into really long thin strips to avoid accidental  finger chomping.  



Later on B found another lady bug.  I reminded him to be soft and gentle with lady bug.  Beckett looked up at me, smiled, and promptly squished lady bug with his finger. RIP, lady bug.


Guy got home and they played ball in the yard for over an hour.  B LOVES to play ball with his Dada and could have been out there all night long running around.  






This is my favorite picture.  I may have to frame it because it just makes me happy.  Life with these two boys is just SO good.

No comments:

Post a Comment