Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Rock the Shot: January Submission


I'm definitely not a New Year's Resolutions gal (it pretty much doesn't matter what time of year it is, I am constantly trying to improve something - ha), but I have decided to commit to doing more photo challenges this year.  I'm pretty comfortable taking my family's pictures so it's time I branched out and challenged myself.  And that is why I love Rock the Shot!  You can check them out at www.rocktheshotforum.com  Each month I plan to submit a photo for their monthly challenge.

And it's kinda scary because I am just another mom with a camera - not a professional.  But I'm learning and I think I have grown a lot this year.

This month's theme was actually super easy - your favorite photo of 2012.   Well, maybe not so easy.  I have many, many favorites and all for so many different reasons.  But because this was a year of growth I am going to choose a photo that I shot on the fly - I didn't plan on taking this picture so I had to quickly switch my settings in manual.  It was tricky since it was inside a car with really bright sunlight shining through the windows.  But, I think I nailed it!  I'm proud to have captured a funny moment without 20 shots just to "get it right."

On a hot summer day, nothing feels better than climbing into the front seat and getting a blast of AC!

No comments:

Post a Comment