Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gymnastics Fun. Or Maybe Notsomuch Fun.

Beckett has started attending a toddler gymnastics class once a week.  It's so ideal - close by, perfect time, a well paced class, and a little socialized structure for Mr. B.  And he really loves it, or at least I thought he was loving it... ha!

Last week he was very fortunate to have Gigi come to town and take him to class.  I was really crossing my fingers that he would be a better listener and direction follower than he was the previous week!  (Yeah, he was that kid that refused to do what ALL the other kids were doing.)



At first it seemed to go pretty well.  He was clearly having so much fun investigating and crawling around.


And it was kinda funny when he decided to sit ON Gigi rather that next to her... (good thing she is a trooper)


But then notice here that Beckett is nowhere to be found.  


Oh yes, here is our son.  Exactly where he is not suppose to be. What a stinker!


And then he noticed that Guy and I were watching him on the other side of the glass.  That's when it all went downhill.  I really felt sorry for Gigi and kinda for myself because I'm pretty sure all eyes were on Beckett when he had a meltdown and just wanted OUT of there.  Nice.


Thank goodness the instructor still had a few tricks up her sleeve.  Playing ball will always get B's attention.



So, we still have a long ways to go with gymnastics.  I'm crossing my fingers that tomorrow's class will go a little smoother - I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment