Friday, February 22, 2013

Choo Choos and Yum Yums

My older sister has passed along many, many wonderful things to Beckett.  Clothes, toys, safety items, even a crib mattress - you name it, we have been very thankful to receive it.  But perhaps the greatest gift has been the countless number of trains he has received.  He is obsessed.  I mean really, really obsessed.  In fact he hardly plays with any other toys except his trains.  They entertain him for hours on a daily basis. Yes, hours.  So, you see why I say the trains are the greatest gift....ha!



The other night Guy had the great idea to take B to see some real trains.  We headed to the Grapevine Train Station to check them out.

Let's just say he was in little boy heaven.



And, or course, I was in photographer heaven.  

Happy boy + Cool metal backgrounds + Perfect Sunset Light = Some Pretty Adorable Pics






The only problem is that he did NOT want to get off.  I'm pretty sure he would have happily stayed on the back of that train car all night.  

This is what happened when (after a very long time of just sitting there) we made him get down to look at the other trains.


So, he got back on and was as happy as could be.






Eventually he did get down and I took him over to the flatbed train.  He thought that was pretty fantastic too, only Guy and I were terrified he was going to run right off it and fall.  The one thing about the train depot is that it is not exactly baby-safe.



When it was time to go, this is what happened. 

Huge tears.


But I think Mom and Dad quickly redeemed themselves when we headed to Mexican food for dinner. This boy LOVES his chips and queso.


"Yum Yum!!"



Ahh, the perfect way to unwind and end our night!  Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful child. Sweet shots...♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take a trip there with mine!!! Fun pictures, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to take a trip there with mine!!! Fun pictures, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Mr. B and his trains!! What a fun picture taking spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go to the train station too!

    ReplyDelete