Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Fun and Celebrating EIGHT Years of Marriage

Happy Anniversary to us!  We have been celebrating eight years of marriage this weekend.  We were going to go to one of our absolute favorite restaurants for a dinner date, but at the last minute I got a wild hair and decided to sabotage Guy's plans.   I thought it would be lots of fun to tease Guy with our new change of plans.  Here's how some of our conversations that led up to Friday night went:

Thursday night on the phone:

Me: "Hey, instead of doing our anniversary dinner on Saturday night, can we do it Friday night instead?"
Guy: "Sure, but you need to cancel our Chamberlain's reservations and see if Ricky (our favorite server) is available for Friday."
Me: "Ok, well I actually already cancelled the reservation........and I'm not making a new one.  We have other plans...... muwahhaa haa haa!!"

Friday Afternoon:

Guy: "What are we doing tonight?  You gotta tell me.  I can't take it anymore."
Me: " I'm not telling, but I do need to let you know about the dress code."
Guy: "Dress code? Uhhhh.... nope, I'm out.  No way.  Guy Mayo doesn't DO dress code."
Me: "The website says to wear 'summer chic and comfortable shoes.' Got that?"
Guy: " Summer chic??? I'm all over summer chic.  Guy Mayo IS summer chic."
Me: (rolling my eyes)
Guy: (in an exceptionally whiney voice) "But I don't have comfortable shoes to match my summer chic...."


Friday Night Driving to Ft. Worth:

Guy: "MISSY!!  What are we doing?  This is ridiculous.  I'm not going.  Me and my summer chic are going to Chamberlains."
Me: "Ok.  Pop quiz then.  Which of the following are we doing?  A.) Going to a concert B.) all you can eat food and beer/wine tasting C.) going to the zoo or D.) a charity event
Guy: "It better be the food and wine tasting because I am hungry.  Starving.  I fasted the last two hours so that I can get in summer chic shape."


Well, it actually turned out to be all four. We went to a great event at the Ft. Worth Zoo called Beastro.  Food and drink tasting, animal watching, and live music... all a fundraiser for the zoo.

And so that you can see our summer chic, here is a pic the babysitter got before we left.  (B wanted to be in the picture and sport his summer chic pj's.)


The food was AWESOME!  There was everything from gourmet meats and pastas to desserts like baklava with chocolate coconut ice cream(the best I have ever had).  Or, you could be like Guy and ignore all of fine cuisine and eat fourths of the corn dogs and hamburgers.  (He claims they were delicious... I'll take his word for it.)



We also got to roam the zoo and see the animals.  The paths were lit with tiki torches, so it made it even more fun to do at night.

But one of the best things was the music!  Sister Hazel played and they were fan-tas-tic.  Like really, really, really good.  I shall be purchasing their new CD.  And since there weren't tons of people we were right up front.

View from the back 

Where we stood

Sister Hazel
 After they finished a local cover band (Time Machine) played.  They got everyone revved up, so we got our dance on.  (Good thing we had the comfortable shoes.)

The Love Birds
It was a great time, and a unique way to celebrate our anniversary.  I will definitely look forward to doing it next year!


Here's what the rest of our weekend looked like.....

Saturday afternoon we took B to the splash park - always a good time for B man.




Beckett and I also had a picnic outside since it was such a nice day.  Isn't this smile just the cutest??


Sunday was our actual anniversary.  Since we had technically already celebrated, we kept it pretty low key.  Like super low key.

We did grab Fuzzy Tacos and headed to the park for a picnic breakfast.  Someone enjoyed a potato, egg, and cheese taco...



......and got to play on the equipment for the first time!


Guy and Beckett are so cute together. 



And this is about the cutest picture ever.  I love his 4th of July John John.  


The rest of the day was spent getting a new cell phone for Guy, making Sloppy Joes for dinner, and watching the True Blood premiere with Braum's chocolate malts.  Romantic, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have been wanting to try that zoo event and now I will! Glad to know it was fun. Happy anniversary! LOVE the last picture of Beckett!

    ReplyDelete