Thursday, July 7, 2011

Birthday Fun

Last week I had a great few days celebrating my birthday.  The big 2-9....yikes!  The countdown is on to thirty.  Ugh.



Wednesday night I went out to dinner with a few of my work (well, I guess old work) friends.  We went to the new Mi Cocina in Highland Village.  I love me some Mexican Food!  And I enjoyed a couple of Mexican beers, which was a fun treat.

Thursday night was super fun.  Beckett had his VERY first real babysitters!  We took him over to the Stoner's house and their neighbors, Jennifer and Sarah, watched all three of the kiddos.  Before we left for dinner we snapped a few family pics...which was nice since that hadn't happened since Beckett was 5 days old.  Yikes!

Guy, Kevin, Emily and I went downtown to Wolfgang Puck's restaurant, Five-Sixty.  It's at the very top of Reunion Tower and it spins!  We had awesome views of the city.






On Saturday my family came in to town.  It was great because it was the WHOLE clan, which rarely happens.  Even Nanny made the trip :).


We introduced her to Babe's Chicken and she declared that it was the most delicious food she has had in years- especially the biscuits and coconut cream pie.  Can't argue with that.


But, one of the highlights of my day was spending time with my little guy and getting some big dimply grins from him.  It was one of the first times that I could "get" him to smile for me. 




Cheers to 29 and a wonderful year ahead!

1 comment:

  1. You certainly had a big week of family. It was wonderful seeing you guys! Baby B is growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete