Monday, March 21, 2011

I think they call this "nesting".....

Spring Break flew by!  A whole week to relax, sleep in, lounge in pajamas?  Actually, not really!  I was a busy bee this week.

Here were a few of my projects....



Emily and I had a freezer party!  We made chicken spaghetti, stuffed pasta shells, peanut sauce, and four cheese pesto pasta.  Can you tell the pregnant ladies crave carbs?!


Our next adventure was to take a sewing class.  It was really fun!  I learned a lot of tricks and things I had forgotten, so I was so happy to brush up on my skills.  Emily did awesome - it was her first time to ever touch a sewing machine.  We both came home with some pretty cute tote bags :).


Now this may not look like much right now, but Guy and I are hoping that it will be the perfect decoration for Beckett's room soon.  I won't spill the details on what the finished product will be yet, but here is a sneak peek...



And, finally, I whipped this up last night!  The sewing class from earlier this week gave me the confidence to tackle making my own nursing cover.  I have seen the "hooter hiders" in quite a few boutique stores for around $35-40.00.  I made mine for $12.00!  Even Guy was impressed!



And, of course, I probably over did it this week.  I wound up with a nasty cold, which is even less fun when pregnant.  I decided to go ahead and take the day off from school, which is pretty nice.   I am finally getting my day to relax, take a nap, and stay in jammies :).


No comments:

Post a Comment