Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Curtains

I have been working on trying to get Beckett's room all finished.  I'm sure that as soon as I do, it will be time to change it into more of a "big boy" room.  Will the decorating and fixing up of a house EVER be finished?  I doubt it.

Anyhow, I have finally got a major task accomplished.  For Christmas I received a new sewing machine from my parents and I tested it out by making new curtains for Beckett's room.  I used leftover fabric for the main curtains, so all I had to buy was a king size sheet for the curtain liner and the sheer  material for the secondary curtains.


They are far from perfect, but I think they help to finish off the room.  Since I lined them they also block out almost all of the light which definitely helps at nap time.


My final projects for his room are a "Look What I Made" sign and picture holder for under his BLM picture, a few framed pictures for over the board and batten, a new ceiling fan, 3" blinds, and eventually a magnet board mounted to the right of his dresser.


And just to give you an idea of what this room looked like before....



I realize that these pictures don't really give you much of a view of the room, but I think you can tell it sure does look a lot better!  

No comments:

Post a Comment