Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A week and a half ago today, I did something kind of crazy....


I QUIT MY JOB! 


Not that this was an unplanned event, but it IS a really big life change that I am still struggling to get my head wrapped around.  When you work hard to get a college degree, move to a new state for better pay, and pour hours and HOURS into being the best employee you can be, it is pretty strange to sign on a dotted line and walk away.

Guy and I made a pretty crazy decision exactly six years ago - we decided to sell our house, leave all of our family and friends, and start a life in a town where we didn't know a single soul.  Everything fell into place - our house sold in a matter of days, we both quickly found jobs we were excited about, we discovered that we picked a great little town to live in, and the rest is history.  In a lot of ways this feels very similar.  So much is falling into place, in a million different little ways - a sign to me that everything is meant to be.


Here is a little tour of my home away from home....

Welcome to Room 406!




I am haunted by the thought of packing all of this up...






Of course, I'm really not quiting work altogether.  I'm just trading one job for another.  Instead of teaching and interacting with other people's children, I am getting to do the most important job I can imagine...be a mom.  And I am SO excited :). 


What's also exciting is having a partner in crime...



I'm 30 weeks in this pic.  In some ways it seems crazy that we will have a baby in just 8 short little weeks.  And then I start thinking that my belly will continue to grow for 8 more very looonnnnggggg weeks.

oh BOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment